Sunday 16 February 2014

What????

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


WHAT DO YOU MEAN, MY NEW SISTER LUCY????


Ah, yes. There was something I was meaning to tell you, Ava...


This week I've started what will undoubtedly be a long and slow introduction to the older girls. Just ten minutes here and there, but every day. I'm cautious you see, because it went so badly with Indigo at first. Mainly that was Indigo though, I have to say! Most introductions are easier, introducing Theo was a piece of cake! Anyway, Lucy hasn't shown any sign of aggression, preferring to freeze when hissed at, rather than growling or hissing back. She's pretty easy going is our Lucy. I'm really pleased with how it's going.


Both the girls are a funny mixture of interested and appalled. Lucy bounces up to them playfully and gets in their face, which they don't like, (Sofia growls, Ava runs away) but when she's occupied with a toy they will creep up and sniff her, and they will watch her playing. I don't have Indigo in the room during these times, as she would get protective and her relationship with the girls isn't as good as it could be. I'm hoping Lucy can build her own relationship with the other girls, somewhat more constructively than Indigo's!


Once I'm able to 'relax' a bit,  I'll get the camera going! At the moment I'm concentrating all my attention on the cats themselves. But it's going pretty well- some bottom sniffing and nose touching has been going on. Snuggling is the ultimate aim, so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment