Wednesday 5 October 2011

The Giddy Kipper

Being indoor cats, the opportunity for stimulation is vastly reduced, a fact every indoor owner MUST take seriously. One of the things that help to fill that gap are toys, which I rotate so they don't lose their appeal, and all the cats have their preferences.

Ava, I must admit, doesn't really engage with toys, although she does occasionally go and have a sleep in the crinkle tunnel. Theo likes a good mouse to bat around, as well as the more complicated circular things with balls to bat around. Sofia likes a mouse too, but whilst Theo prefers the chunky sisal type, Sofia likes the fur covered plastic/ stuffed variety- she dismembers the plastic/ stuffing and carries the limp fur casing proudly about the house.

Indigo's favourite toy is a big plush and hessian fish called the Giddy Kipper- so called I suspect because it is catnip impregnated. Indigo likes nothing more than bashing seven bells out of her kipper and then rolling around on it getting a hit of the nip. Junkie.



Sofia likes the kipper too- she has a seperate one otherwise you KNOW Indie would be weeing on it- but she isn't nearly so enamoured of it as Indigo is. Sofia merely rubs her head all over it and drools a bit. Indigo is much funnier to watch, she leaps about the place like she has firecrackers down her cataloons.

As ever, I've not been paid by the makers of the Giddy Kipper to plug the toy! But my cats like it :) I did buy another toy the other day though, from Pets at home, and all four are completely nonplussed. I'll keep it for the kittens, they might enjoy it, but as far as my cats were concerned, it was a total waste of money :( Here it is! My advice? Do not buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment