Friday 4 May 2012

Howl!


Poor Inds! Tired out from a day of snoozing, sleeping and more snoozing...

Last cat show I went to, I got talking to some other breeders who suggested I could cut right down on the Ovarid, I was giving too much basically, and by giving less I would have more control over when Inds came into heat. So I thought I'd give it a go.

Oops. Might have known something like that would be BOUND to go wrong!

Anyway, clearly I didn't give her enough, as last week (or was it the week before?) she started howling! Grr so I had to give her a full dose of the Ovarid to take her out of heat again. So now she's had the full dose, I have no idea when, or if, to start giving her the smaller dose again. I guess its a case of watch and see.

Heat is stressful for cats, so I could kick myself for letting Inds start one unnecessarily. But she usually announces her impending hormonal state by weeing and other such delightful habits and this time she didn't. Must watch harder next time!

Isn't the weather awful? When the sun peeps out, the cats all dash to arrange themselves by the windows in the sumbeams, and when it goes in again 5 minutes later they all slink off, ears down, or huddle by the radiator, it being so cold that the heating is still on. And yes, they all still hold me personally responsible. *sigh*


2 comments:

  1. Aaawwww - poor old Indi-pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are all bored of staying in. The big boys only go out with me, and Mojo wont go out until he's been "done", preferably not til we move as well.
    Inds is so cute, Tonk faces are like teddy bears!
    I suppose the Ovarid is like going on the Pill. Regulates hormones but not without risk.

    ReplyDelete