Friday 11 May 2012

Sun


Inds, enjoying a rare sunbeam.

I don't know where you are in the country/world, but here in Essex, UK, it's rained pretty much solidly for a month... and that's very unusual. The light quality has been so bad, and its been so cold and damp, that all my courgettes, squashes, tomatoes, aubergines and even some of my usually invincible cabbages have all withered and rotted. Not that I could plant them anyway, as the allotment is a bog. It's all been thoroughly depressing.

Oh and Theo ate the corn... again. Fortunately not all of it. He really is a bad boy though, he waits till he thinks I am asleep, then paws at the lid till it falls off. Munchie time! Grr.

Today's been lovely though. I've sown a second batch of courgettes and squash, and the cats have napped in puddles of sunlight all day.

There is hope after all!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your crops! I've grown loads of stuff (which you can see on my Flickr), but I cant do any this year because of the house move.
    Inds looks nice and relaxed, I wish Mojo would learn to relax like this.. he's going through a really naughty patch.

    Lets hope this rain buggers off!

    I like the new colour scheme by the way.

    ReplyDelete