Saturday 15 January 2011

So Pleased


Monty, smug!


We had our first visit today... and I'm delighted to announce that both Wendell and Monty have found their forever home. Together!

C has been interested in these kittens for ages and came over today to look at them. I hope she won't mind me sharing that she's waited a long time for the 'right' time for kittens, and... well I just had a good feeling about it all. I was ridiculously nervous though, and probably yammered on something awful, (I could hear my mouth going on and on while my brain was thinking oh Beth, DO shut up!) but the kittens were charming and playful and showed their lovely natures off very well.

Of course there were several mishaps along the way. Kensey did an impressively big and stinky poop in the litter tray, (at least it was in the tray! Could have been worse!) naturally managing to step in it and track poop across the floor, so he had to be whisked off for a foot wash half way lol. And right at the beginning, they were startled by the doorbell and fled en masse under the sofa, but they were soon coaxed out. I was really pleased about that because what with Kenneth's chest and everything, I haven't had that many people over and was concerned they would be shy. Yeah, I know, Tonkinese, shy? I really should have known better!

Anyway, Wendell was picked first, and then Monty and I am SO PLEASED! I know they are going to have a fantastic life with C and her partner, and for them to be going together is just the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment