Wednesday 19 January 2011

More Homes!

We had a couple of visits last night.

Firstly, S and his partner came, with a boy in mind, and they chose Kenneth. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that Kenneth chose them. I'd given the kittens their tea, and when S arrived, most of them had opted to sleep it off... under the sofa. Kenneth was napping on the mini cat tree though, and most amenable to some attention.

Both the girls were up and about before long, but it took some time to coax the sleepy boys out from their snoozing spot. (It was a bit embarassing actually- note to self: feed the kittens earlier when we are next expecting visitors!) Eventually, they all made an appearance, but Kenneth had already worked his charms. S and partner left to discuss it, but rang less than 20  minutes later to confirm that Kenneth was indeed their kitten.

I believe S's partner works partly from home, and even better than that is that they are planning on getting another kitten to be his buddy :) Fantastic!

Later on,  E came along with her partner and a friend to look at the girls. E had a special Siamese girl when growing up, and didn't want to 'replace' her... and in looking for a similar breed came across the Tonkinese. She had a terrible time deciding between the two girls, but eventually decided Hope was the kitten for her.

Hope will also be lucky enough to have a buddy... a friendly and playful big brother Boo who is in need of a companion. Perfect. Given Hope's adoration of Theo, I'm sure she'll be very happy!

As for me I'm delighted that they are both going to have not only adoring human slaves, but feline buddies as well... I really couldn't ask for more.

Indigo was also on fine form, playing with the visitors, and got lots of compliments... which made me ridiculously proud. If I do say it myself, she IS a lovely cat, (well, when she isn't being a pest!) she's playful and affectionate and very pretty. And although I mentioned her allergy to both lots of visitors, (she has three spots lol) neither groups seemed to have noticed or were concerned. I suspect I notice it much more than anyone else, Indigo isn't bothered, and certainly I worry much more than I suspect is strictly necessary. Can't help it... she's my darling.

Anyway, after saying confidently yesterday on here that all the kittens were litter trained, I noticed a puddle AND a poo on the large cat tree this morning. Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment