Wednesday 15 October 2014

7 week bump

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

From the top- a little compressed. I had to bribe her with extra kibble to stay still long enough to let me take a pic...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

From the side

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Side again.


Things are going very nicely. I can see little ripples of movement regularly now, and Indigo is big enough to mean lying on her belly isn't too comfortable, so she's often on her side now. Lucy approves as that belly makes a lovely warm pillow!

It will be interesting to see how Lucy reacts to the kittens. I have heard of cases when the big sister is instantly besotted, and others where there's been some jealousy, at least for a few days. Lucy has only had to share her Mama with her own littermates so her nose could be out of joint for a while. I don't know how she will react to the labour process, or even if Indigo will tolerate her in the room. It's new for all of us, I guess. It's hard to know how much she understands, but she definitely knows something is going on, and spends a lot of time these days grooming Indigo and snuggling up to her.

What I think will happen is that she doesn't want to be in the room, and will be a bit clingy for a few days. I think it's far more likely that Indigo will participate in Lucy's first birth than it is that Lucy will Indigo's last. It's all fine, whatever the cats want to do! I could be wrong, Indigo to date has been very happy with Theo as a companion in early labour, although he scarpers at the first sign of anything active. She may tolerate Lucy's presence better than I think, and Lucy is a nosey thing so she may stay.

I suppose I will find out in two and a bit weeks!

*****

Lucy 3.98kg
Indigo 5.80kg

I had a busy weekend, so ended up having to leave down kibble as I didn't want Inds going too long between meals. They ate a huge amount of the stuff and it shows, Lucy nearly tipping the 4kg mark which I really don't want her to do. However looking at pics of her, she does look slimmer than she did. At this stage I don't really mind what Indigo gains, the kittens will grow very fast now for the next two weeks. I think it's apparent we aren't going to stay under 6kg though!

No comments:

Post a Comment