Monday 14 February 2011

Yay!


(Photo by S.A)

As I said in my blog yesterday, I was expecting some visitors Sunday afternoon. I didn't want to say anything more yesterday... we seem to have had our fair share of bad luck of late, no sense in tempting fate to send any more!

S and I have been emailing for a week or so, and I had a really good feeling about her. I told her all about Indigo's skin complaint and she was sympathetic, still keen to visit, but content to wait until Indigo was feeling better... well like I said, I just 'knew' she was a good cat-loving person that I'd be happy to send one of my kittens to.

When they arrived, the kittens were snoozing in a pile on the sofa. Before too long, Kensey was up and bouncing and jumping and showing off his lovely playful nature. AnnElise decided to take a more chilled out approach, rolling on her back for tummy rubs (see picture, above!) and generally being very charming. Pretty much their personalities in a nutshell, really!

Now I hope S won't mind me sharing, but she recently lost a dearly loved cat, Z, to kidney failure, and had decided the time had come to look for another cat. Not to replace Z, of course, no cat could ever do that, but there was a kitten- shaped space there, needing to be filled. The time was right to get another cat. Or two... as S and her partner decided they would like to make BOTH AnnElise and Kensey their cats!

It's all worked out in just the best way, hasn't it? S had to make a longish journey here, and so could only come to visit on weekends... well, I've had a LOT of interest in the kittens this week and could have had visits most nights if it hadn't been for Indigo's allergy. The kittens might not have still been available under normal circumstances, or might have gone seperately... I can't help but feel it was somehow meant to be.

I am thrilled, of course. Not only for AnnElise and Kensey going off to a new life together, but because that means ALL of my kittens now have good, loving homes lined up for them for when they are old enough in a few weeks time. Which is all a breeder could ask for really, isn't it? I feel satisfied... very satisfied indeed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment