Thursday 10 February 2011

Wendell And Monty, Sitting In A (Cat) Tree

H.I.S.S.I.N.G! At Kensey, apparently! Oh, and Hope was up there too. Guess there was no room left at the top!


The king of the castle


What I do wrong??


Monty thinks it's as good a place as any for a nap!

Look at how dark Monty's points are getting now! There's quite an obvious definition between them and the rest of his coat.

Yesterday, I noticed that Kenneth had a bit of a squinty eye in the photos I posted. Today it was looking squinty too, so I had a jolly good look, and sure enough, it was a bit goopy.  Not uncommon with kittens, and not serious but when one in the litter has it, the others usually do too. Sure enough, Wendell also had an eye that was looking a bit suspect. So the whole litter was subjected to having their eyes bathed with a very mild saline, which as you can imagine, they did not like AT ALL!

Wendell and Kenneth had their suspect eyes bathed a couple more times, and later on I noticed that Kensey had joined the 'pirates', so he had some more eye baths. I'm not surprised, like I say if one has it, it usually goes round the litter, hence the need to treat the whole litter, of course. They will all get a repeat performance today, and of course we are at the vet's later for their first vaccinations, so I'll ask her to have a look. But I'm on familiar territory here, Sofia had a goopy eye last year, and the salt water bathing saw it off nicely within 48 hours.

Whatever next, though. Or perhaps I ought not to ask. Seems we're having a run of bad luck, at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment