Thursday 3 March 2011

Just One More Week

... and I bet the kittens' new families are counting down the days!

In just over a week, all my kittens will be safely home with their new people and going on to the next stage in their development- blossoming under the love and guidance of their families and growing into sociable, affectionate adult cats.
They will soon be showing their lovely natures off in person (or should that be 'in kitten'??) but I thought I'd just give you a teaser. So here's the REM litter's end of term report *grin*

Wendell

Funny-face Wendell is the comedian of the group. He reminds me of his mama the most in looks and is the most playful kitten of the litter. He's a bit bonkers, he never seems to stop leaping and running and pouncing. I've say 'I'm not sure when he sleeps' before, but he's taken to napping on my lap of late, so I can confirm he does, indeed, sleep. Occasionally!

Wendell was the first born, and I'm grateful to him for waking me up by squeaking incredibly loudly, so that I could assist with his next two siblings who were born in rapid succession. Poor Indigo was totally overwhelmed on her own. Thanks, Wendell- you saved the day! :)

Kensey

Kensey is sweet, playful, loving, all the things a kitten should be, but the most striking thing about him is his good looks. He is one HANDSOME boy! He's one of the biggest kittens,  lithe and muscular, and is a pleasure to look at. What is more, he's perfected the art of the pose as well. I can turn the camera on Kensey and know, despite my rather feeble photographic skills, that I'll take a good picture of him. Which is very gratifying, especially when I've been trying to photograph Wendell...

He's a curious cat and REALLY wants to know what's in my bedroom. He's gotten in there a few times as well, much to the disgust of Ava and Sofia!

Kenneth

Kenneth is a quiet little puss. Where his siblings will demand cuddles, Kenneth will sidle up to you confidentially, without fuss, and suddenly you will find a kitten purring contentedly into your lap. He's sweet, a little shy, and just lovely! He's a bit of an explorer at heart I think, despite his quiet nature. I don't think it will take him long before he's king of his new castle.

Kenneth, I feel, has been rather swamped by his litter of five siblings at times. He's so easygoing that he's just gone along with the pack for the most part, he hasn't had the chance to be 'the leader'. It's really going to be interesting and exciting for his family to see him blossom when it's just him (and a buddy, eventually) I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see it happening.
Monty

This boy likes to cuddle! I could just say that, and you'd know pretty much all you needed to about Monty!

... ah ok, I'll say a little more *grin* Monty has inherited from his Mama the trick of upending himself into your arms for cuddles. He will allow himself to be cradled like a baby or sat on your shoulder, on your lap or curled into a foot, but what he likes the best is to snuggle into your neck. And he purrs and he purrs and he purrs... bliss! He's chatty as well and will 'talk' to you. What he is usually saying is 'I need a snuggle!' so a chatting session is usually followed with a neck snuggling session.

AnnElise

I don't often see AnnElise alone... she's always snuggled with a sibling, washing someone's ears, biting someone's tail. She thrives on the company of other cats, so I'm especially pleased she's coming home with a brother.

Like Kenneth, AnnElise is a subtle snuggler. Her favourite trick is to wait till I'm at the computer, then snuggle into the small of my back. This basically immobilises me as I'm afraid of squashing her, so I'll tap away on my keyboard and try not to move whilst she purrs away! She's also quick to offer her tummy for rubs, and has charmed her new people with this very trick. Nice one AnnElise!

Hope

Tiny, but feisty!  The best things come in small packages, they say! At 12 weeks, she's by far the smallest kitten, but nobody seems to have told Hope this...  she was the first to hit all the kitten milestones, despite her diminuitive stature. She's an independent, confident and friendly kitty with a lovely purr and I know she's going to make a great companion.
Hope will remain in my memory for the way she befriended Theo... she really does adore him!  As it has worked out, Hope is going to a home where she'll have another 'big brother' kitty... so it couldn't be better, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment