Tuesday 23 July 2013

Well, thanks...

Theo, Theo, Theo. I let you out into the big wide world and how do you repay me? Ruddy fleas, that's how!!!


You're welcome...
 

I was at the vets today with Theo and Indigo, getting their yearly boosters, and they gave me the bad news. Flea dirt in the fluff! Goodness, says I, but Indigo is allergic to flea bites and usually comes up in great big lumps, and then stopped short as I felt a great big lump right on the top of her head that I SWEAR wasn't there this morning. How very embarrassing.

Fortunately I always keep flea treatment supplies, so was able to treat them the moment I got home. Used the last of it though, so went online to order more. Goodness, but it is expensive! I usually Frontline, because it's so widely available, but going to try generic fipramil (the stuff in Frontline), and am seriously considering buying in bulk. I bulk buy food and litter, after all. You can get 6 Frontlines for about £20 (including p+p) if you look, that's around £3.50 a go, but in shops I've seen it sell for twice that. I have, however, just seen a bulk buy case of 60 for just over £2 a go, which would last my lot a year assuming I keep a kitten from this year's litter. I don't know what the shelf life is though, so have ordered a smaller box for now, not much good getting a year's supply if they only keep for four months.

You know when someone talks about head lice, and suddenly your head is itchy? I'm like that with fleas. I know full well people can't get cat fleas, but I am itching all over at the mere thought!! Oh well, Boil wash the bedding, spray the cat trees, go through the whole shebang, guess I'm going to have to get used to it now I have an outside cat!

On a better and absolutely less itchy note, Indigo has more or less stayed the same weight since her last visit, which hasn't been for some time. Hurrah! She hasn't lost any, so is still too heavy, but at least there's none on. And she's absolutely in the pink of health, so I can go ahead and mate her with no worries at all.

2 comments:

  1. I know!!! This morning Indigo had three lumps, so it's obviously a very new infestation and now she's had a treatment I don't expect more but yes, grr Theo!

    ReplyDelete