Saturday 14 May 2011

Hair


Ava is the prettiest cat in real life... but somehow she never seems to take a good photograph. Or one that does her justice, anyway.

Well, it's that time of year again, and the cats are shedding their thick winter coats. Ava especially is looking very slinky at the moment. Sofia hasn't that much to lose and Theo will always be longhaired of course, although he sheds fairly excessively as well.

It's amazing just how much they DO shed, actually. Brushfuls, every night. The first year it happened, I was brushing Ava and so much fur came away I thought something was wrong with her! I'm paying special attention to Theo's underparts too, as I don't want knots. He was in an especially mellow mood last night, and I managed to get a good brushing session in- thanks boy!

I barely notice it with Indigo though... she does get 'fluffier' in the winter, but she seems to lose the excess without much assistance. Just as well, because she wouldn't stay still long enough to be brushed, I suspect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment